The overall aim of the DP Maintenance Course is to provide participants with basic understanding of Dynamic Positioning and, technical maintenance training to fulfil the requirements of the DP industry.
On completion of the DP Maintenance Course, the trainees are expected to be able to:
- Recognize the component parts of a DP system.
- Understand the relationship between vessel movement, position reference systems, sensors, computers, propulsion units and feedback.
- Understand the concept of redundancy.
- Describe the operation of computers.
- Describe propulsion units, types and configurations.
- Understand power supply, redundancy and management.
- Understand the national and international rules and regulations valid for Dynamic Positioning operations
- Describe the technical knowledge of the computers in the DP system
- Understand and apply preventive and corrective maintenance of the DP system
- Understand system documentation.
Navigators, users of DP systems or persons who would like to become familiar with DP system.
- General knowledge of electronics and computer-based control systems.
Application process starts with e-mail sent to: email@example.com. Applicants would be confirmed and coordinated by the Course Coordinator.
DP Maintenance Course fee – 800 Euro. Payment cash or bank transfer in Euro or Romanian currency (LEI).
For CMU students Course fee – 600 Euro
Four days, 30 hours
Constanta Maritime University, 104, Mircea cel Bătrân St, Constanţa, 900663, Room 106.
Number of participants
Minimum 3 – Maximum 8
The training sessions combine theoretical and practical exercises for the trainees to gain theoretical and hands-on experience with the market leading DP Kongsberg Simulator. The course didactic materials are written in English and the course will be held in English unless otherwise agreed.
The trainees’ knowledges are assessed by written examination system at the end of the course.
On successful completion of DP Maintenance course, the DP trainees will receive the Certificate of DP Maintenance Course completion.
Constanta Maritime University is a Training Establishment (S*) member of IMCA Marine Division. Course content is in line with IMCA guidance documents and syllabi for DP related training courses.
Course Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nicoleta ACOMI
Mobile: +40 721 287 877