1. Course aim
The overall aim of the DP Maintenance Course is to provide participants with basic understanding of Dynamic Positioning and, technical maintenance training to fulfill the requirements of the DP industry. The DP Trainees will learn to identify faulty units and exchange them with spares from stock on board and bring the DP system back into operation. They will also receive introduction to system documentation in order to perform periodic maintenance, and to communicate with service personnel when assistance is needed.
By the completion of the DP Maintenance Course, the trainee will be able to:
- Recognize the component parts of a DP system.
- Understand the relationship between vessel movement, position reference systems, sensors, computers, propulsion units and feedback.
- Understand the concept of redundancy.
- Describe the operation of computers.
- Describe propulsion units, types and configurations.
- Understand power supply and management.
- Understand the national and international rules and regulations valid for Dynamic Positioning operations
- Describe the technical knowledge of the computers in the DP system
- Understand and apply preventive and corrective maintenance of the DP system.
2. Enrollment pack
The administrative registration of DP trainees is completed by CMU Training Centre in accordance with NI DP Training & Certification Scheme (including entry level requirements) and CMU Training Centre Administration Registration Procedure.
- High school diploma or
- Engineer Officer / ETO or shore based Technical Staff or
- Knowledge about company procedures and vessel safety management system (SMS) or
- Deck Officers and Masters who require a greater technical understanding of the operation of DP equipment.
If the applicant falls into one of the three above-mentioned categories then the applicant may proceed to the first step.
Step 1. Register online for one of the scheduled course dates by clicking the below button:
You will receive an automated answer to confirm your registration.
Step 2. Application process (Application Form)
- By e-mail sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should send the application form by e-mail and they will be confirmed and coordinated for the next step by the CMU Training Centre Secretary;
- Desk office: From Monday to Friday 7.30 – 15.30, applicants have the possibility to pass the application form in the printed copy at Constanta Maritime University, 104, Mircea cel Batran St., 900663, DP Secretary Office E107. The confirmation for registration will be sent by e-mail to the applicant.
- The CMU Training Centre Secretary communicates to DP Trainees the enrolment pack outlining course timetable, accommodation, transport, location and the contact details of CMU Training Centre.
Once the application was received and confirmed by CMU Training Centre the applicant may proceed to the next step.
Step 3. Payments
- DP Maintenance course fee – 800 Euro
Cash: Monday to Friday 8.00 – 10.00, Constanta Maritime University, 104, Mircea cel Batran St., 900663, Constanta, Romania, Cash desk E113.
Bank transfer to Constanta Maritime University’s account. 104, Mircea cel Batran St. Constanta, Romania, CUI 2747321
- for Euro please use – Bank: Banca Comerciala Romana, Address: Strada Traian nr.68, Constanta, SWIFT: RNCBROBU, IBAN: RO74RNCB0114032048140005
- for Romanian Currency – Lei, please use IBAN: RO74TREZ23120F330500XXXX
Please specify transfer details: Name_Surname, DP Maintenance Course.
Once the payment was completed the CMU Training Centre Secretary sends by e-mail the confirmation.
3. Course timetable
Duration: 4 days (Mon to Thu, 0800 hrs to 1630 hrs, 2*15 min coffee break, 30 min lunch break)
On successful completion of DP Maintenance course, the DP trainee will receive the Certificate for completion of DP Maintenance Course. The course will be logged into the IMCA DP Logbook.
The IMCA DP Logbooks are published by The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA).
Less than five minutes walking there are hotels offering you nice landscapes of the Black Sea and Tomis Port, Constanta.
- *** Hotel Dali, 6A, Smardan St, 900664 Constanta, Romania
- *** Hotel Ibis Constanta, 39-41, Mircea cel Batran St., 900744 Constanta, Romania
- **** Hotel Cherica, 4, Stefan cel Mare St, 900726, Constanta, Romania
For accommodation, we collaborate with Dali, 3-star hotel. They offer preferential tariffs to our trainees, from 30 to 50 Euro per night, breakfast included (according to the period and the type of room). The hotel is next to our training centre, two minutes walking distance. If you want to book the room, please write an e-mail at address email@example.com, with the subject: Participant to UMC courses.
International Airport Mihail Kogalniceanu (CND) is the nearest airport to Constanta, about 20 km (Note that this is a small airport and there are only a few flights per week. Please check: http://www.mk-airport.ro/indexen.php).
International Airport Henri Coanda (OTP), Bucuresti is about 240 km away from Constanta, approximately 2.5 to 3 hours’ drive on the highway. Regular airport transfers cover the route from Henry Coanda International Airport (OTP), Bucharest to Constanta. CMU DP Training Centre coordinator can assist you with booking the transport.
CMU-DP Training Centre is located close to the sea in the heart of the city. Local transport in Constanta is provided by regular buses during the week from 5.15 to 23.00, at 9-10 min frequency. The closest bus station to CMU-DP Training Centre is C.M.J, buses 40 and 43.
7. Cancellation policy
The DP candidates may cancel the course and receive full refund (except for the bank charges) if cancellation occurs minimum one week before the course starts. Otherwise, within one week before the course begins, the DP trainees may reschedule their attendance to a later available training session. Cancellation within one week before the course begins is not possible; in such case the course fee is not refundable to DP trainees.
Contact details: Constanta Maritime University Training Centre
Mob: +40 721 287 877