1. Course aim
The overall aim of the DP Simulator course is to provide participants with further insight, experience and confidence in performing offshore operations under DP control. The course duration is four days, 30 hrs and is intended to build on experience, and to provide realistic DP-based scenario work.
By the end of the DP Simulator course, the trainee will be able to:
- Carry out operational planning, risk assessment and hazard identification tasks;
- Set up the DP system for a particular task;
- Operate the communications;
- Analyse the trends;
- Discuss systems failures;
- Decide on courses of action because of systems failures;
- React to alarms and printer readout;
- Initiate DP Alert status alarms;
- React to all events occurring;
- Operate the desk under normal and pressured conditions;
- Practice effective teamwork;
- Apply the lessons learned to date.
2. Enrollment pack
The administrative registration of DP trainees is completed by CMU DP Training Centre in accordance with NI DP Training & Certification Scheme (including entry level requirements) and CMU DP Administration Registration Procedure.
It is compulsory for DP Candidates to present the STCW Certificate of Competency and the DP Logbook. The date of the DP Induction (Basic) course mentioned, stamped and signed by the training Centre must be within the previous five years. The required sea-time completed, stamped and signed by the master of the vessel:
- A minimum of 60 DP sea time days AND completion of task section on board a certified DP classed vessel + Company confirmation letter, for the DP candidates entering DP training scheme after the 1st of January 2015; or
- Minimum of 30 DP sea time days on board a certified DP classed vessel, for the DP candidates entering old offshore scheme. The old scheme is for those applicants who started the scheme before 1st of January 2015.
If the applicant falls into one of the two above-mentioned categories then the applicant may proceed to the next step.
Step 1. Register online for one of the scheduled course dates by clicking the below button:
You will receive an automated answer to confirm your registration.
Step 2. Application process (Application Form)
By e-mail sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should send the application form by e-mail and they will be confirmed and coordinated for the next step by the CMU DP Training Centre Secretary;
Desk office: From Monday to Friday 7.30 – 15.30, applicants have the possibility to pass the application form in the printed copy at Constanta Maritime University, 104, Mircea cel Batran St., 900663, DP Secretary Office E108. The confirmation for registration will be sent by e-mail to the applicant.
The CMU DP Training Centre Secretary communicates to DP Trainees the enrolment pack outlining course timetable, accommodation, transport, location and the contact details of CMU DP Training Centre.
Once the application was received and confirmed by CMU DP Training Centre the applicants may proceed to the next step.
Step 3. Payments
- DP Simulator course fee – 1100 Euro
Cash: Monday to Friday 8.00 – 10.00, Constanta Maritime University, 104, Mircea cel Batran St., 900663, Constanta, Romania, Cash desk E113.
Bank transfer to Constanta Maritime University’s account. 104, Mircea cel Batran St. Constanta, Romania, CUI 2747321
- for Euro please use – Bank: Banca Comerciala Romana, Address: Strada Traian nr.68, Constanta, SWIFT: RNCBROBU, IBAN: RO74RNCB0114032048140005
- for Romanian Currency – Lei, please use IBAN: RO74TREZ23120F330500XXXX
Please specify transfer details: Name_Surname, DP Simulator Course.
Once the payment was completed the CMU DP Training Centre Secretary sends by e-mail the confirmation.
3. Course timetable
Duration: 4 days (Mon to Thu, 0800 hrs to 1630 hrs, 2*15 min coffee break, 30 min lunch break)
On successful completion of DP Simulator course, the DP trainee will receive the Certificate of Simulator Course completion. The course will be logged into the DP Logbook.
Less than five minutes walking there are hotels offering you nice landscapes of the Black Sea and Tomis Port, Constanta.
- *** Hotel Dali, 6A, Smardan St, 900664 Constanta, Romania
- *** Hotel Ibis Constanta, 39-41, Mircea cel Batran St., 900744 Constanta, Romania
- **** Hotel Cherica, 4, Stefan cel Mare St, 900726, Constanta, Romania
For accommodation, we collaborate with Dali, 3-star hotel. They offer preferential tariffs to our trainees, from 30 to 50 Euro per night, breakfast included (according to the period and the type of room). The hotel is next to our training centre, two minutes walking distance. If you want to book the room, please write an e-mail at address email@example.com, with the subject: Participant to UMC courses.
International Airport Mihail Kogalniceanu (CND) is the nearest airport to Constanta, about 20 km (Note that this is a small airport and there are only a few flights per week. Please check: http://www.mk-airport.ro/indexen.php).
International Airport Henri Coanda (OTP), Bucuresti is about 240 km away from Constanta, approximately 2.5 to 3 hours’ drive on the highway. Regular airport transfers cover the route from Henry Coanda International Airport (OTP), Bucharest to Constanta. CMU DP Training Centre coordinator can assist you with booking the transport.
CMU-DP Training Centre is located close to the sea in the heart of the city. Local transport in Constanta is provided by regular buses during the week from 5.15 to 23.00, at 9-10 min frequency. The closest bus station to CMU-DP Training Centre is C.M.J, buses 40 and 43.
7. Cancellation policy
The DP candidates may cancel the course and receive full refund (except for the bank charges) if cancellation occurs minimum one week before the course starts. Otherwise, within one week before the course begins, the DP trainees may reschedule their attendance to a later available training session. Cancellation within one week before the course begins is not possible; in such case the course fee is not refundable to DP trainees.
Contact details: Constanta Maritime University Training Centre
Mob: +40 721 287 877