Offshore oil and gas technology and management
Marine and offshore oil & gas technology are growth industries today. About 71% of the Earth’s surface is water-covered, and the oceans hold about 96.5% of all Earth’s water. Offshore oil & gas technology is crucial for extracting the resources that the oceans can offer.
A master’s degree in Offshore oil and gas technology and management gives you competence in a variety of activities related to the offshore industry. Moreover, it is a potential source of excellent employment & career opportunities in companies around the world.
The programme has a strong international profile with practical activities carried out on the modern Kongsberg simulators.
Although the popular image of oil and gas jobs is of engineers working on an oil rig, around 90% of roles are based onshore, according to MyOilandGasCareer.com.
The study program Offshore oil and gas technology and management is designed to meet the growing demand for skilled professionals in the marine and offshore oil & gas industry.
The program has a duration of 2 years and it is planned to provide graduates with the best theoretical and practical tools required by the international labour market. Graduates will thus acquire the level of scientific, engineering and managerial knowledge but also the practical skills appropriate to the current and future needs of the marine and offshore industry.
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY
The interdisciplinary curriculum contributes to providing the technical and managerial skills for a successful career.
- Knowledge in operation of DP system
- Maintainance of DP Systems
- Removing the marine and offshore structures
- Risk analysis and risk management
- Safety and environmental aspects
- Offshore field development
- Project planning and management
- Use of advanced methods of dynamic positioning of different types of structures offshore
- Safe operation of dedicated systems, installations and equipment specific operations of the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Testing, use and maintenance of general purpose systems, installations and equipment
- and dedicated, belonging to specific emerged and submerged offshore structures.
- Evaluate and optimize the performance of organization and management methods from offshore oil and gas industry.
- Abilities to apply multidisciplinary knowledge in the field of engineering in view research, analysis, simulation of risks of design, installation, operation of specific installations in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Efficient use of interpersonal relationship techniques within a multicultural team, on various hierarchical levels, oral and written communication, effective collaboration with specialists in multiple fields.
- Ability to analyze and participate in the design, development and implementation the new technologies in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrate a spirit of creativity, initiative and action for updating professional, economic and organizational culture knowledge.
The engineering degree and the officer’s certificate are internationally recognized, giving you the opportunity to be hired anywhere around the world.
If during your university studies you carry out your internship on board the ship, we offer you the opportunity to study online on the virtual campus. You will benefit from an open session and you can reschedule and take the exams when you return to the country.
Study opportunities abroad
Many of our students choose to study a semester at one of the partner faculties, benefiting from the ERASMUS scholarship
All our graduates can choose between a career at sea or on shore
The ICT field is gaining more and more ground and the maritime sector is keeping up with this trend. You will work on the most modern Dynamic Positioning simulators.
Practice on board
More than 20 crewing companies signed partnerships with the university, giving students the chance to do their internship within multicultural crews. More than 150 students go on a voyage every year
Graduates of the Offshore oil and gas technology and management study program may hold various positions in the ofshore industry, including:
- Officer on DP vessels
- Project engineering specialist
- Drilling superintendent
- Offshore Instalations manager
- Operations manager
- Project planner in offshore industry
- Safety officer in offshore industry
- Hydrographic surveyor
- Fleet operations manager
We are in the third year of organizing online registration using a 128-bit SSL encryption system.
We invite you to follow our Facebook page to find details and news about our activities