ADVANCED ENGINEERING IN THE OIL AND GAS OFFSHORE INDUSTRY – in English language
The oil and gas offshore industry is still viewed in its pioneering stage, if the take into account the fact that oil exploitation in the Black Sea has started only in 1967. Romania is one of the main European countries to possess oil and gas reserves, which led to the detection and exploitation of offshore oil fields in the continental platform of the Black Sea.
The teaching curriculum and the course descriptions associated to the Master’s program in Advanced Engineering in the Oil and Gas Offshore Industry – in English language, which is offered by Constanta Maritime University, are compliant with the requirements of the European education system and address the aforementioned needs.
Naval transport (maritime and river) plays a crucial role in the field of Romanian transport and, in the geographic area of Dobrogea, it benefits from the presence of maritime (Constanta, Mangalia, Midia, Sulina) and inland (Tulcea, Braila, Galati) ports, which are connected to the regional and global port flux. This is being complemented by an adequate logistic support, in which shipping and ship construction companies, represented by the most prominent shipyards in the country (Constanta, Mangalia, Tulcea) play an important part.
For the purpose of the study program in Advanced Engineering in the oil and gas offshore industry in English language a special interest posits the naval shipyard of Tulcea, VARD TULCEA S.A., which focuses its activity exclusively on the construction of offshore specialized ships, and has expressed its interest in such a study program through a Partnership Agreement concluded with Constanta Maritime University.
WHAT YOU STUDY
The teaching curriculum pertaining to the undergraduate Master’s program in Advanced Engineering in the Oil and Gas Offshore Industry – in English language, clearly states its general teaching objective: specializing engineers by offering them competences related to the design, construction, assembly, exploitation, maintenance and repair of special ships and marine structures, machinery, installations, systems and equipment specific to the offshore industry, in compliance with the standards of competitive economy, by providing engineering and managerial knowledge appropriate for the offshore industry and related industrial sectors.
The undergraduate Master’s degree study program in Advanced Engineering in the Oil and Gas Offshore Industry – in English language, offered by the Faculty of Marine Engineering, ensures the training and perfecting of experts with higher technical studies for all demands (research, design, construction, exploitation and maintenance) of offshore industry, and partially for related fields (naval engineering and navigation, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering and management), both locally and globally, by complying with the performance criteria defined by the European higher education system.
PARTIAL TEACHING OBJECTIVES, PER YEAR OF STUDIES
Specialization in the field of marine engineering and navigation, by gaining engineering specialty and managerial competences mainly required in the oil and gas offshore industry – marine structures, special ships, machinery, installations, specific systems and equipment.
Becoming a specialized engineer, by completing the professional specialty and managerial training mainly in the oil and gas offshore industry. Gaining competences related to research – development – innovation in the field of marine engineering and navigation. Drafting of the dissertation thesis on a theme related to the field of oil and gas offshore industry. Preparing and sitting for the dissertation exam
The aforementioned mission is supported by five specific objectives.
- 1) Academic training of Bachelor’s degree graduates in the field of marine engineering and navigation, as required by the European competitive economy, as engineers with a high level of scientific, engineering, managerial and complementary knowledge, as well as with adequate practical skills required presently and in the future by the offshore industry.
- 2) Widening of the training process, by offering technical, economic and managerial skills required to tackle the design, completion and exploitation, optimally and safely, of the constructions, systems and equipment specific to the offshore industry, in compliance with the European and global criteria of quality certification.
- 3) Starting, in the future, of a fundamental and practical scientific research program, in the field of oil and gas offshore industry and in the related fields, that are compatible with contemporary requirements and needs, by using the creative potential of the teaching staff, of the students, but also of reputable experts in this rather new and promising field.
- 4) Ensuring the necessary conditions for the development, in the future, of Ph.D. studies, in the field of this specialization, thus completing the profile of the engineer specialized in the field of oil and gas offshore industry, with the valence of higher and multidisciplinary scientific research.
- 5) Continuously perfecting the teaching and scientific potential, both from a human perspective (teaching staff and academic researchers with proper post university studies) and from a material perspective (teaching spaces with state of the art equipment resulted from internal and external sources), in order to address the requirements mentioned at points 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Graduates of the specialization Advanced Engineering in the Oil and Gas Offshore Industry – in English language have real chances to find jobs and evolve professionally – mainly in the offshore industry – in Romania and abroad. It is worth mentioning that given the technical, engineering and complementary training of our graduates, they may be integrated, if the case may be, in related national economic fields, including as part of the crew sailing on special vessels.
Prospective studies show the premises to integrate graduates in the local naval and offshore industry, as favoured by the proximity and the complex and diverse potential of the Black Sea. It is expected that graduates will be hired by Romanian and foreign companies which will offer a number of jobs adequate to the teaching dynamics.
For the last three years the enrolment to studies has been organized online, using an 128-bit SSL encryption system.
Every Monday afternoon, during 17.00-18.00 hrs. we hold online meetings with our students and graduates. Should you wish to find out the latest news directly from them, as well as info about the admission, please join us here: