ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONEMNETAL PROTECTION IN INDUSTRY
Choosing Engineering and Environmental Protection in Industry means choosing a major in applied technologies which, by integrating technical and scientific knowledge, addresses and solves problems related to energy and environmental conservation, active production and waste control.
This implies the strengthening of knowledge in the field of environmental engineering, namely wastewater management, combating air pollution, waste control, recycling and disposal, protection against radiation, industrial hygiene, studies on the environmental impact of construction projects, risk management in terms of environmental protection. At the same time, graduates may work as environmental officers onboard cruising ships, if they have previously graduated from a major other than environmental protection.
The main objective of the study program in Engineering and Environmental Protection in Industry is to offer high quality teaching and to train highly qualified environmental engineers, thus enabling them to appropriately perform their professional duties and to gain access to the labor market, as set out by the course description and the teaching curriculum.
WHAT YOU STUDY
The inter-disciplinary teaching curriculum is compliant with the international standards regarding the environmental protection and sustainable development, thus contributing to the appropriation of technical and managerial competences that are necessary for a successful career.
- Creative application of the knowledge and specific methods related to the field of engineering and environmental protection in industry.
- Management of sustainable development
- Deepening and development of computational methods and techniques according to the general principles of technological computation.
- Management of design and exploitation of pollutant monitoring systems
- Management of environmental risk, impact assessment and designing low environmental impact technological versions.
- Deepening of activities related to environmental management and engineering and environmental protection marketing.
Graduates of Engineering and Environmental Protection in Industry have real chances to find jobs and evolve professionally, even at managerial level, both nationally and internationally. It is worth mentioning that, due to their technical, engineering and complementary training, graduates may also work in related national economic fields, including onboard special vessels (as environmental officers).
The engineer diploma and the CoC are internationally recognised, thus enabling graduates to find jobs anywhere around the world.
Students who carry out their practical training in any economic sector, nationally or internationally, have the opportunity to study online by logging in on the virtual campus platform. They will be examined online and they will be able to schedule them accordingly.
Opportunities to study abroad
Many of our students choose to study one semester at one of our partner faculties, by applying for an ERASMUS study scholarship.
All graduates may choose to pursue a career at sea, as environmental engineer, or onshore as environmental analyst, environmental auditor, research engineer in sanitary engineering and environmental protection, environmental protection inspector, environmental monitor, expert in technological risk prevention and reduction, expert in waste management, environmental evaluator, research engineer in environmental engineering, research assistant in environmental engineering.
Becoming a specialized engineer
The study program in Engineering and Environmental Protection in Industry provides the opportunity to get jobs in any national and international economic sector, upon completing the training and passing all exams, as required by the low in force.
Several partnerships have been concluded between the university and companies activating in the field, thus offering students the chance to perform their practical training in a diverse framework. Many students also choose to carry out onboard practical training.
- FIRST YEAR: Specialization in the field of environmental engineering in industry, by gaining speciality and managerial engineering competences, mainly required in the field of environmental engineering.
- SECOND YEAR: Becoming a specialized engineer, by completing the professional specialty and managerial training. Gaining competences related to research – development – innovation in the field of environmental engineering. Drafting of the dissertation thesis. Preparation and passing of the dissertation exam. .
Graduates of the study program in Engineering and Environmental Protection in Industry may become environmental officers or cover other positions in the environmental maritime industry, such as:
- Environmental analyst,
- Environmental auditor,
- Research engineer in the field of sanitary engineering and environmental protection,
- Environmental protection inspector,
- Environmental monitor,
- Expert in technological risk prevention and reduction,
- Expert in waste management,
- Environmental evaluator,
- Research engineer in environmental engineering,
- Research assistant in environmental engineering.
Due to their technical, engineering and complementary training, graduates may also work in related national economic fields, including onboard special vessels.
The undergraduate Master’s program in Engineering and Environmental Protection in Industry, offered by the Faculty of Marine Engineering, ensures the training and perfecting of experts with higher technical studies for all demands (research, design, construction, exploitation and maintenance) of environmental engineering and naval industry, and partially for related fields (industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering and management), both locally and globally, by complying with the performance criteria defined by the European higher education system.
For the last three years the enrolment to studies has been organized online, using an 128-bit SSL encryption system.
Every Monday afternoon, during 17.00-18.00 hrs. we hold online meetings with our students and graduates. Should you wish to find out the latest news directly from them, as well as info about the admission, please join us here: