The overall aim of the DP Induction Course is to provide participants with a basic understanding of Dynamic Positioning as well as the advantages and limitations of the DP control systems.
On completion of the DP Induction Course, the trainees are expected to be able to:
- Define the principles of DP.
- Recognize the component parts of a DP system.
- Understand the relationship between vessel movement, position reference systems, sensors, computers, propulsion units and feedback.
- Understand the concept of redundancy.
- Understand the DP modes of control.
- Describe the operation of sensors and common position reference systems.
- Describe the operation of computers.
- Describe propulsion units, types and configurations.
- Understand power supply, redundancy and management.
- Practice communication and watch handover procedures.
Navigators, users of DP systems or persons who would like to become familiar with DP system.
- Valid CoC according STCW qualification: Regulation II/1 – II/2 – II/3 Deck or Regulation III/1 – III /2 – III/3 Engine or Regulation III/6 ETO; or
- Official approval form the Nautical Institute to attend the course for Marine Vocational Qualification; or
- The proof that the DP Candidate are on STCW training for Officer Trainees.
Application process starts with e-mail sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants would be confirmed and coordinated by the Course Coordinator.
DP Induction Course fee – 800 Euro. Payment cash or bank transfer in Euro or Romanian currency (LEI).
For CMU students Course fee – 600 Euro
Four days, 30 hours
Constanta Maritime University, 104, Mircea cel Bătrân St, Constanţa, 900663, Room 106.
Number of participants
Minimum 3 – Maximum 8
The training sessions combine theoretical and practical exercises. The course didactic materials are written in English and the course will be held in English unless otherwise agreed.
The trainees’ knowledges are assessed using the NI’s online examination system at the end of the course.
On successful completion of DP Induction course, the DP trainees will receive the Certificate of DP Induction Course completion.
Constanta Maritime University Training Centre is FULLY ACCREDITED by The Nautical Institute to run DP Induction Course.
Course Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nicoleta ACOMI
Mobile: +40 721 287 877