The overall aim of the DP Simulator course is to provide participants with further insight, experience and confidence in performing offshore operations under DP control.
On completion of the DP Simulator Course, the trainees are expected to be able to:
- Carry out operational planning, risk assessment and hazard identification tasks;
- Set up the DP system for a particular task;
- Operate the communications;
- Analyze the trends; discuss systems failures;
- Decide on courses of action because of systems failures;
- React to alarms and printer readout;
- Initiate DP Alert status alarms;
- React to all events occurring;
- Operate the desk under normal and pressured conditions;
- Practice effective teamwork;
- Apply the lessons learned to date.
Navigators starting the DP offshore scheme with the date of the DP Induction course within the previous five years and the required sea-time completed.
- A minimum of 60 DP sea time days AND completion of task section on board a certified DP classed vessel + Company confirmation letter, for the DP candidates entering DP training scheme after the 1st of January 2015; or
- Minimum of 30 DP sea time days on board a certified DP classed vessel, for the DP candidates entering the scheme before 1st of January 2015.
Application process starts with e-mail sent to: email@example.com. Applicants would be confirmed and coordinated by the Course Coordinator.
DP Simulator Course fee – 1100 Euro. Payment cash or bank transfer in Euro or Romanian currency (LEI).
Four days, 30 hours
Constanta Maritime University, 104, Mircea cel Bătrân St, Constanţa, 900663, Room 106.
Number of participants
Minimum 2 – Maximum 4
The training sessions are intended to build on experience, and to provide realistic DP-based scenario work, with the market leading DP Kongsberg Simulator. The course didactic materials are written in English and the course will be held in English unless otherwise agreed.
The trainees’ knowledges are continuously assessed during practical exercises and by written examination at the end of the course. On successful completion of DP Simulator course, the DP trainees will receive the Certificate of DP Simulator Course completion.
Constanta Maritime University Training Centre is FULLY ACCREDITED by The Nautical Institute to run DP Simulator Course.
Course Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nicoleta ACOMI
Mobile: +40 721 287 877