MODERN CONCEPTS IN MARINE ENGINEERING
Naval transport (maritime and river) plays a crucial role in the field of Romanian transports and, in the geographic area of Dobrogea, it benefits from the presence of maritime (Constanta, Mangalia, Midia, Sulina) and inland (Tulcea, Braila, Galati) ports, which are connected to the regional and global port flux. This is being complemented by an adequate logistic support, in which shipping and ship construction companies, represented by the most prominent shipyards in the country (Constanta, Mangalia, Tulcea) play an important part.
The undergraduate Master’s degree study program in Modern Concepts in Marine Engineering poses a special interest to the graduates of all three major universities of Constanta, but more so for CMU graduates, who thus have the opportunity to complete their studies at a managerial level of competence.
WHAT YOU STUDY
The inter-disciplinary teaching curricula is compliant with the STCW international standards (Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping), based on IMO (International Maritime Organization) 7.02 and 7.04 model courses and is certified by the Romanian Naval Authority (ANR) in order to ensure the appropriation of the technical and managerial competencies which enable graduates to have a successful career.
- Subjects which focus on the navigation environment and the behaviour of the ship, seen as a holder of onboard installations. Systems and equipment.
- Subjects which mainly focus on onboard machinery, installations, systems and equipment, that ensure specialty practical abilities both in ship construction and exploitation.
- Subjects which mainly focus on onboard machinery, installations, systems and equipment, on the introduction in naval management and marketing, the completion of specialty design and practical abilities, as well as preparation and passing of the final exam.
Graduates of Modern Concepts in Marine Engineering have real chances to find jobs and to evolve professionally, even at a managerial level, both in Romania and abroad. It is worth mentioning that given the technical, engineering and complementary training of our graduates, they may be integrated, if the case may be, in related national economic fields, including as part of the crew sailing on special vessels.
Master’s diploma and the CoC are internationally recognized, which enables graduates to get jobs everywhere around the world
Students who choose to carry out their practical onboard training during the academic years are given the option to study online by logging in on the virtual campus. They will benefit from an open session and will be able to reschedule and sit the exams upon return from the voyage.
Opportunities to study abroad
Many of our students choose to study one semester at one of our partner faculties, by applying for an ERASMUS study scholarship.
All of our graduates may choose to pursue a career at sea or onshore.
IT&C is gaining ground and the maritime sector keeps up with this trend. You will work on state of the art engine room simulators.
Becoming a specialized engineer
The specialized engineer is trained to work in ship construction and may enter the field of naval transport, pending the certification, in compliance with the law in force.
The university has concluded over 20 partnerships with crewing companies, thus enabling students to carry out their mandatory onboard training in a multicultural crew. More than 150 students carry our such voyages yearly.
- FIRST YEAR OF STUDIES: Specialization in the field of electrical engineering by gaining the specialty and managerial engineering competencies, mainly focused on marine engineering.
- SECOND YEAR OF STUDIES: Becoming a specialized engineer, by completing the specialty and managerial professional training. Gaining of research-development-innovation competencies in the field of marine engineering and navigation. Drafting of the dissertation paper. Preparing and sitting for the dissertation exam. .
Graduates of Modern Concepts in Marine Engineering may cover managerial positions – First Engineer, Chief Engineer Officer or other positions in the maritime industry, among which:
- Managerial level mechanical engineer
- Electromechanical maintenance specialist – industrial equipment automation
- Electromechanical engineer SCB
- Design engineer / electromechanical sub engineer
- Emission engineer
- Construction installations engineer
- Expert in running and organizing maintenance activities
Graduates of Modern Concepts in Marine Engineering have real opportunities to find jobs and evolve professionally, even at a managerial level, both in Romania and abroad. It is worth mentioning that, due to their technical, engineering and complementary training, graduates may also work in related national economic fields, including onboard special vessels.
The undergraduate Master’s program in Modern Concepts in Marine Engineering, offered by the Faculty of Marine Engineering, ensures the training and perfecting of experts with higher technical studies for all demands (research, design, construction, exploitation and maintenance) of marine engineering, and partially for related fields (industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering and management), both locally and globally, by complying with the performance criteria defined by the European higher education system.
For the last three years the enrolment to studies has been organized online, using an 128-bit SSL encryption system.
Every Monday afternoon, during 17.00-18.00 hrs. we hold online meetings with our students and graduates. Should you wish to find out the latest news directly from them, as well as info about the admission, please join us here: