SKILLSEA is a multilateral project, engaging 27 partners from 16 European countries. It brings together social partners, maritime shipping industry, trade unions, research organizations, maritime academies and universities, education and training providers and public authorities. They all have solid expertise and knowledge on the maritime shipping sector, in order to produce a complete and sustainable strategy development cycle from skills needs identification and elicitation (current, medium and long term), design and delivery of VET, to pilot trainings, validation, revision, reapplication as well as stakeholders mobilization and awareness raising as sustainable implementation.
Constanta Maritime University is member at the international project with title:
Future-proof skills for the maritime transport sector (SKILLSEA)
The project coordinator is STC-Group.
Key aims and objectives include:
- Analysing the effect of technological developments on the industry’s skills requirements;
- An even better match between the industry’s skills needs and the education and training of maritime professionals;
- Overcoming barriers to the mobility of maritime professionals;
- Improving cooperation and synergy between education providers, maritime authorities and the industry;
- Ensuring that Europe retains a world-leading access to maritime skills and experience for improved competitiveness;
The project runs from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2022.
More information can be found on the Skillsea website: www.skillsea.eu